Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy Course
The Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy Course is accredited by ACCPH as a Level 5 Post-graduate Hypnotherapy course. It will allow you to practice as a qualified Cognitive-Behavioural hypnotherapist on completion of the course.
The course is completed over 3 weekends 4 weeks apart.
Do you want to be a Cognitive-Behavioural hyponotherapy Practitioner?
- Are you a qualified clinical hypnotherapist?
- Do you want to gain powerful new skills?
- Are you serious about becoming cognitive-behavioural hypnotherapist (CBH)?
- Does evidence based Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy and its approaches to patient care appeal to you?
If you have answered 'Yes' to more than one of the above you may wish to keep reading.
These six days are very intensive. There is a massive amount within the attendance part of the course. Also a great deal to complete at home during the course and case studies to complete afterwards. Please remember this is a Level 5 CBH course.
Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy has a significant evidence base.
Most clinical hypnotherapists have no idea of the scale of evidence for the efficacy of CBH. Many use 'old school' techniques that carry little evidence at all of being successful. These therapists expect to get poor results. So send their clients off with a recording to play every day for a month.
Better results get you a better reputation and more clients. I was taught many of these techniques as they were the accepted standards. Much of it is still in the National Occupational Standards and Core Curriculum!
This may put some of you off reading further as I am telling you that much of what you do is not as good as it could be. But those of you who wish to improve will carry on reading.
It is difficult to let go and in real terms retrain your belief system about you as a hypnotherapist.
I realised many years ago that regression, rree association and psychodynamic methods were poor. No matter what I did I could not gather real data for marking success. (Many psychological academics believe these methods are potentially dangerous and could be unethical. They may cause much pain for little or no relief).
NLP, as used by many practitioners, has little effect. And on the whole does not work as efficiently as it is should.
Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy uses only evidence-based therapeutic techniques and methodologies.
So, NHS medical professionals and other will take what you do with clients you seriously. These techniques have accepted academic studies behind them. So it will stand up to their requirements.
You will be seen to use a psychologically responsible way to treat your clients. This makes you stand out from other hypnotherapists. In the eyes of the medical profession and potential clients.
Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy Course Curriculum
There are 8 modules in this course, each with its own manual. We use them in the lessons and for home study.
There are 8 module assessments to complete. No long essays to do.
You will also get our Level 4 CBT Practitioner course manual. And Level 3 Using CBT for Stress Management course manual as well. We will use these as additional resources during the course.
Here is part of what you will learn:
- Cognitive-Behavioural theories of hypnosis
- The philosophy of the cognitive behavioural approach to therapy
- Consultation and assessment methods for use in Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Questioning techniques
- Action tendencies, behaviours and cognitive consequences
- Healthy, unhealthy and Meta emotions
- ABCDE and teaching it to clients
- Accessing the Activating event and its challenges
- Assessing an unhealthy belief and setting a goal in line with it
- Undermining the negative aspects of a goal
- Disputing a belief and its purpose, (unhealthy and healthy ones)
- Looking at Ericksonian work within CBH
- Integrating healthy solutions
- Dealing with obstacles to integrating healthy solutions
- Rational-irrational dialogues
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy approaches
- Parts dissociation work
- Mindfulness-Based Therapeutic Interventions
- Cognitive-Behavioural uses of relaxation skills
- Range of mental imagery techniques including metaphors
- Exposure interventions in guided imagery - Desensitisation
- Working with a range of anxieties, phobias, OCD, depression, stress and anger, eating disorders, weight control, assertiveness, confidence, etc.
- Introduction to a range of CBT Thought Forms
Plus much more.
There is no final written exam at the end of the Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy training course. Assessment is throughout the course by direct observation of your performance. Also through your homework and recordings. All the modules have written assessments to complete.
You will have feedback throughout the course. If you are having problems they will discuss them with you – we want you to pass. You must complete all elements of the course before your diploma can be awarded.
You will not get your qualification until all coursework is to the required standard. The time limit on this course is 6 months but do not use this as an excuse to not complete homework and assessments. Once you get behind it becomes more difficult to complete the work required.
You will need retain a portfolio of your recordings, scripts and question answers. This is for possible moderation by a representative of ACCPH. This portfolio should be digital not paper based.
This course can be bought with the Level 4 Clinical Hypnotherapy Practitioner course. Details are to be found HERE.
Course duration of the CBH programme:
The programme is 6 days: 3 weekends 4 weeks apart. This is due to the amount of time required for self study and practice sessions.
You will receive 45 hours of classroom teaching. Estimated time required to complete the course is 200 hours in total.
It is a very in depth Level 5 course. As you can see there is quite a bit of self-directed learning between the weekends and after the attendance part of the course.
An extension of time up to 3 months is allowed to complete the coursework.
9.30am – 5.00pm. Breaks and lunch at suitable times
Crown House, Home Gardens, Dartford, DA1 1DZ
November 2-3; November 30-December 1; January 4-5.
CBH1: April 18-19; May 16-17; June 13-14.
CBH2: October ; November ; December . (Dates to be finalised)