Natural Birth Hypnotherapy
My philosophy behind the Natural Birth Hypnotherapy System:
Giving birth is a natural process and should be a calm, as pain and stress free as possible for mother and baby.
To achieve that mother should enter labour healthy and prepared mentally, physically (and spiritually).
I believe that Mother Nature has given all women an innate birthing process. Natural Birth Hypnotherapy is to help Mums attach to to the process. And enhance her natural instincts at this wonderful time.
Hypnotherapy in Childbirth
This refers to the use of hypnotherapy to assist in the birthing process. This practice works on the basis that most labour-related pain is the result of fear and tension. Women are able to reduce or even get rid this with hypnotherapy.
Research for Hypnotherapy in Childbirth
Hypnotherapy used to be considered a controversial treatment. But; the NHS is now accepting its value in the delivery room or for home births. Studies confirm claims that hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis during childbirth leads to:
- decreased average length of labour
- lower caesarean section rates
- decreased use of pain relief medication such as gas and epidurals
- increased ease and comfort of labour and birth
- greater emotional satisfaction for mothers and their birthing partners
compared to general population figures.
(I am not going to list the research documents here but you will find many valid examples online).
Women experiencing hypnotherapy during childbirth of their later children tend to feel:
- more in control,
- more focused than their first one
What we cover for Mum and Baby in Natural Birth Hypnotherapy
The reasons behind the ‘Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome’. We look at the 3 phases – before, during and after birth. We work on reducing or eliminating the anticipatory anxiety and tension.
- Next we look at the pain aspect of birth. You will learn Hypno- anaesthesia; the process of self- anaesthesia. This will reduce the need for chemical painkillers in pregnancy. And especially during and after birth. Some women can control their pain so well that they need no drugs or other interventions at all.
- Breathing, an important part of birthing. To help reduce the exhausting ‘long pushdown’ phase. The mother will learn how to use natural body pulsations to breathe the baby down. Mums also learn how to stop any hyperventilating from happening.
- With the above in place Mum can concentrate on having a short labour. Mum is less fatigued, baby is less stressed and the experience is less traumatic for both of them.
- We finally look at after birth and put processes in place. To prevent or reduce post-partum depression, (baby blues). And how to love baby from the moment he/she is born.
- We also look at your general health and then work on any lifestyle and dietary changes that may be wise to put in place.
What we cover for Birthing Partner in the Natural Birth Hypnotherapy Workshop
There are also sessions for the birthing partner, if required.
- These will cover their own fears, anxieties and inadequacies. Or any other issues they may have.
- They have animportant role to play before, during and after the birth so they do need to be prepared. We don’t want them face-planting the floor!
What we do not cover in the Natural Birth Hypnotherapy Workshop
In a nutshell:
- all the gynaecological and medical stuff
- where to give birth
- labour and birthing positions
- early parenthood, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, nappy changing, washing your baby. etc.
This is to come from the experts in those areas. Antenatal classes, midwives, doctors, health visitors, etc.
Our training facility in Dartford
8 hours of face-to-face training. The course is a ‘long day’ 9.00am – 6.00pm
Number of places: 12
2017 NBH: February 18 September 9
Natural Birth Hypnotherapy only
Call 01322 521011 today to book your place on this exciting workshop or buy direct from the shop
Course Validation by ACCPH
Cressingham College of Hypnotherapy has undergone a quality check to ensure that they and the courses/programmes offered, meet specific quality criteria as required by ACCPH. The learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been created by Cressingham College of Hypnotherapy to meet the specific requirements of their students and those of ACCPH.
ACCPHs’ validation involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by their inspectors to ensure the minimum quality is met at all times. A regular review of Cressingham College of Hypnotherapy and their courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.